Poindus Response to COVID‐19
At this challenging time our thoughts go out to all our partners around the globe and the millions of businesses affected by the pandemic. The global spread of COVID-19 is affecting all of us and we wish each of you, your colleagues and your families’ good health and hope you are safe and well.
At this time Poindus Taiwan and our global branches are safe and unaffected by the virus. Our offices are running as normal and no closures are currently planned. If you need to reach out to us, please do not hesitate to contact our team if you have any questions about Poindus and our services. We can be reached at any time via email, phone or the contact forms on our website.
Cleaning POS Terminals & Credit Card Terminals
For all the teams working in the retail & hospitality industry, we hope you can remain safe over this period. We understand that the Point-of-Sale area should be disinfected regularly and that the POS Terminal and Credit Card Terminal are a hot spot for contact between your team members and the customer.
We would like to offer some tips regarding disinfecting these devices
We have conducted over 1,000 repetitive tests to confirm wiping with 75% alcohol on the aluminum chassis, plastics covers and display is effective to clean these surfaces with no problems to the POS materials. We recommend you use the following method.
- Turn off your POS system & Credit Card Terminal completely, include peripherals’ power, and unplug the power cables if possible.
- Get your cleaning material, such as lint-free cloth or cotton swab, prepared with cleaning solutions (e.g. 75% isopropyl alcohol).
- DO NOT use any cleaning solutions that contains Acetone, Nitric acid or Ammonia.
- Apply cleaning solution only on the cleaning material.
- Gently wipe the exterior surface and cleaning your POS system & PinPad in a well ventilated environment.
We sincerely wish you all the best of luck as you navigate through these tough times.
The Poindus Team