WEBSITE COOKIE COLLECTION
When you visit the POINDUS website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser in the form of cookies, which are text files containing small amounts of information. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is used to ensure the smooth running of the website and make the website site work as you would expect. The information does not usually directly identify you, but provides a more personalized web experience.
What are Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Website more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
Types of Cookies
- First Party Cookies: Set and collected by the website itself, and only used by the site when a user is visiting it.
- Third Party Cookies: Set and collected by other entities besides the website, such as advertisers or services used by the website for things like web analytics or social media sharing.
- Session Cookies: Only stored in a browser’s memory until it is closed down. Used for many essential site functions, such as quickly loading a page.
- Persistent Cookies: Set up with a specific expiration date, so they will survive in your browser’s memory for a certain period of time before deletion. Used to keep you logged in, track web analytics, etc.
- Secure or HTTP only Cookies: Secure cookies are only transmitted over “https” pages to keep data encrypted and secure. Only cookies prevent any client scripts on the page from accessing the cookie, preventing malicious cross-site-scripting (XSS) attacks
Essential cookies: We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
Third-party cookies: In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service.
Choice and Controlling and Opting-Out of Cookies on the Sites
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across our website visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Note that even if you opt-out of performance & analytics tracking and targeting, you may continue to see non-personalized advertisements from Poindus via our partners. For example, you might visit a website containing POS hardware comparisons. Based on your interest, Poindus product advertisements may appear from our partners based on website subject and content. If you are in the EU and would like to opt out of third party cookies relating to interest based advertising, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu for more information.
Some newer web browsers incorporate “Do Not Track” features. Currently, no industry standard exists for handling “Do Not Track” requests, therefore at this time, our websites may not respond to “Do Not Track” requests or headers from these browsers.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features our website offers, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display correctly.
Additional information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies at the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Your Choices: www.youronlinechoices.eu
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
- Google Inc. [Google+]: Ad Delivery
- [Google Analytics]: Traffic Analysis
- Facebook, Inc: Ad Delivery
- Instagram: Ad Delivery
- Twitter: Ad Delivery
- LinkedIn Corporation: Ad Delivery
- YouTube: Ad Delivery
Contacting the Poindus Data Protection Officer
If you require more information you can contact our Data Protection Officer. Please be sure to provide your name, contact information, and specific relevant information The DPO can be contacted at email@example.com
Last updated: (March 2018)