Poindus factory warranty provides protection for operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling which occurs in the course of the normal intended use of the product. It does not cover the following situations and damage due to:
- Normal wear and tear; change in color, texture, or finish; gradual deterioration; rust; dust; or corrosion
- Fire, act of nature, or any other peril originating from outside the product
- Exposure to weather conditions or environment conditions that are outside of Poindus specifications, exposure to hazardous (including bio-hazardous) materials, operator negligence, misuse, mishandling, improper electrical power supply, unauthorized repairs or attempt to repair, improper and unauthorized equipment modifications, attachments or installation, vandalism, animal or insect damage or infestation, lack of manufacturer-specified maintenance (including the use of inappropriate cleansers)
- Maintenance, repair, or replacement necessitated by loss or damage resulting from any cause other than normal use, storage, and operation of the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and owner’s manual
- Theft, loss, mysterious disappearance, or misplacement
- Data loss or corruption; business interruptions
- Accidental or other damage to the product that is cosmetic in nature, meaning damage that does not impact operation and functioning of the product
- Damage to product(s) whose serial numbers are removed or altered
- Damage caused during customer’s shipment of the product to or from another location
- Product obsolescence
- Damaged or defective LCD panels and touch screens when the failure is caused by abuse or is otherwise excluded herein
- Alteration or modification of the product in any way
- Damage to product(s) in transit to Poindus for warranty services
Reckless, negligent, abusive, willful or intentional conduct while handling or using the product. If protective items such as covers, carrying cases or pouches, etc., were provided or made available for use with the product or in transit, customer must continually use these product accessories to be eligible for protection under factory warranty.
Out of Box Failure Warranty
When customer perceives product failure, damage or missing components of a Poindus product that occurs immediately upon opening the box for first usage in 30 days after receipt of the product and prior to hardware staging or entering installation site. Out of box failure warranty does not cover following situations but not limited to:
- Product is not sold and shipped directly from Poindus Headquarters
- Without auxiliary evidences such as product serial number, product photos or videos, etc.
- Product failure or damage caused by improper operation, improper electrical power supply, unauthorized equipment modifications
- Reported more than 30 days after receipt of the product
When out of box failure is found, customer shall immediately submit an OBF inquiry via Poindus Web portal and an RMA number will be generated to the defective product(s) if the submission is approved. Poindus will ship out replacement product(s) with prepaid freight and return label within 3 to 5 business days. The replacement product is new in performance, serial number, and identical technical specification and peripheral preinstalled as original product.
It is customer’s obligation to return defective product to Poindus Headquarters or Poindus operating affiliates within 5 business days after receipt of the replacement product. The returned product must be Poindus original packaging including all accessories and/or peripherals as it was shipped to the customer, otherwise customer will be billed for any missing accessories and/or peripherals not reported from OBF inquiry or any damage to the product in transit to Poindus Headquarters or Poindus operating affiliates due to improper packaging. A valid RMA number must be clearly labeled on the packaging box or carrying case.
Repair Service for Out of Warranty Product
Customer can submit repair service inquiry via Web portal for the product is not covered by Poindus factory warranty. An RMA number will be generated to the defective product(s) if the submission is accepted by Poindus service team. Customer will be invoiced for the service rendered to the product including freights, components, labor and inspection. The service invoice must be paid upfront prior to returning the product to customer, otherwise the product shall be deemed to Poindus property if the invoice cannot be paid after 30 days upon receipt. Poindus provides 6 months warranty on parts or components used for returning the product to operating condition. Warranty for complete product shall not apply.
Poindus UK – Repair Price Structure
NFF (No fault found)
||Extensive tests completed, unable to replicate fault.
BER (Beyond economical repair)
||Unit is not cost effective to repair, the unit will be returned unrepaired.
Declined repair quotations
||In the event that a repair quotation is declined, the unit will be returned unrepaired.
Applicable when an “in-warranty” unit, is returned for repair that was not originally purchased from Poindus Systems UK.
If the unit is out of warranty the admin fee will not be applied.
||If a unit is returned to us with insufficient packaging this will be replaced to ensure safe return of your items.
|**Prices above exclude VAT & return carriage**